Some say Father's Day is just another shameless attempt by greeting card companies to cash in on another holiday. One of my friends described Father's Day as the "get-no-respect little brother" of Mother's Day.Whether this is true or not, I love Father's Day. Bring on the ties and bad cologne, I say. Laura presented me with a cut-out paper tie. I loved it.
It's hard to believe Laura is already 2-years-old. This past week I was out of town, but made it back for the big weekend -- which also included celebrating Stephanie's 30th birthday. When I got back and saw Laura, she came running over to me. I couldn't help but notice that she looked a little different from the last time I saw her. She changes so much, so fast. It's hard to keep up.
This weekend, Stephanie put her in pigtails for the first time. She looked so much older. She's no longer this little baby that we used to feed a bottle. On Saturday we took the front of her crib off and transformed it into a "big girl" bed. I have to admit that these transitions can be a little sad. Once the old way of doing something is gone, it's gone.
The cool thing is that with every stage that passes, a new one enters the picture. Laura's personality and ability to talk keeps developing. Her favorite word these days is "Why?" My favorite responses are quickly becoming "secret," "just because" or "That's the way God made it." Since her vocabulary is limited, my responses seem to work for now.
It sure is great being a dad ... definitely just because.
No comments:
Post a Comment