
We decided to post a few more pictures before we call it a night with the internet. This is Laura playing before she fell asleep for her nap this afternoon. It has been hard to catch a picture of her smiling...this is about as good as it gets today! She isn't feeling well and has been pretty fussy. But we've worked together to try to keep her somewhat happy.

We also had a really nice time in the bath tonight. After we got her dried off and in her jammies...she was the calmest we had seen all day. We are

doing bath time everyday!! Laura's favorite thing to do is suck on her fingers. The doctor that came by today to check on her cold told us that it would be good if we could get her to switch from her fingers to a pacifer...but so far she will have none of that!! Putting a pacifer in her mouth just makes her want a bottle, I think. Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments...we have loved reading everyone of them. I have cried several

time while reading them out-loud to Shawn:) We appreciate all you prayer, encouragement, and support. We can't wait to get home so you can all meet Laura in person!
18 comments:
sher's little girl lana is obsessed with sucking on her fingers! congestion is no fun, never is! we will all pray that it will go away quickly!
isn't it fun dressing her up in all her clothes! i'm dying to know how she sleeps at night?!
isn't this fun!!?? does she feel like she's "yours"?
Hi Steph, Shawn and Laura,
Oh how I am enjoying see your photos. She is so pretty that I am writing this with tears in my eyes. Thank God that you found her and she has you. I will be praying for all of you each day.
Much love,
Auntie Mary
Hi Stephanie and Shawn:
Bill and I are so excited for the "three" of you!!! We cannot wait to meet Laura Claire!! She is absolutely beautiful and looks perfectly content in her pictures! Have a fun time getting to know your little girl and love on her every second. When Nancy and Mark get their hands on her, they may not give her back!! Ha!
Love ya,
Diane and Bill
I promise you she won't suck her fingers when she goes to middle school. Let her suck them. We'll add the congestion to our prayer list though, that's no fun. I am loving the pictures and the little stories. I can't wait to check this every day.
Claire
Kirsten's Mom
Oh, can I also tell you that Kirsten's hair did the same thing when she was that age? It just was lighter in color. She is absolutely beautiful!
(Hope I didn't embarrass you Kirsten.)
Claire
Thanks so much for all of the updates. I can't believe you all have been able to do so much in such a short amount of time. (I know sometimes it didn't seem so quick.) We will be praying that Laura feels better soon. Steph you look so happy! I get emotional everytime I look at your stories. Have a great day tomorrow.
Still praying,
Sarah
Wow Stephanie . . . this is amazing. First, that you are finally together with Laura. Second, that you have such great internet access. I feel privledged to get to be so up to the minute in the loop. I haven't downloaded skype yet due to some craziness at work but I hope to do so tomorrow late evening so maybe we can talk soon. Laurua is adorable. Remember Elizabeth's spikey hair? The best kids come with the crazy hair. Enjoy all your adjusting time, even the fussy stuff. Timothy is sick too so we have fusiness here and we take his cute crying sounds for granted already! Miss ya. victoria
So excited to see more pictures! I must admit, I have been emotional all day since seeing you three together for the first time! I can pretty much cry on command when I think about it....seriously. Gosh, I am so happy for y'all!
Her hair is the cutest thing ever! Praying that she gets over her cold soon! And praying for a speedy process there! Can't wait till y'all come home!!
Much love,
Marie
She's gorgeous! What a blessing, that everything is going smoothly so far! Thanks for sharing this part of your life w/ us. :)
We are LOVING all the pictures of you guys together! It's the next best thing to being there in person! We're praying things continue to go smoothly and progress quickly. Savor each moment as you bond with your precious little girl! See you soon.
Love,
Sheryl
These pics are just priceless! She's just absolutely beautiful, just like her mommy! I'm sorry that she's sick- we'll definitely be praying for her to get well soon, and for you guys as you are taking care of her. Thank you so much for keeping us updated! It certainly doesn't feel like there are thousands of miles between us! I love you all!
Cindy
Hey Steph and Shawn - I'm so excited to see the pictures and hear all about Laura! We can't wait to meet her! I'm so happy for y'all and we praise God for this blessing! Keep the updates coming...they're a nice distraction at work! ;)
Savannah
Congratulations, Stephanie and Shawn! I've been checking out your blog since your Christmas letter last year and following the adoption process. Laura is such a beautiful baby and she is so blessed to have you as her parents. God has created a beautiful family in bringing you three together.
I haven't checked your site for a few of days and here are all these pictures! I know you're having a great time. Please know that many of us are thinking about the three of you ... and praying for you.
Aww...what can I say! I am so overjoyed for you both. I know that she is well worth the wait. I love the pictures and can't wait to see her in person.
I'll keep praying for the process, that it will continue to move smoothly and quickly and that Laura will get over her cold soon.
Stephanie, I just can't get over the radiance of your face as you hold your little girl! PTL! I'm just so happy for you!
Love,
April
Shawn, Stephanie & Laura,
I was soooo excited to see your blog and photos, and to read your timeline and story. The picture of you two seeing Laura for the first time made me cry -- even seeing it little bitty on my phone! CONGRATULATIONS ~ you are all very obviously a wonderful blessing to one another!
~Julie McG.
Laura Claire is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. What a blessing. Enjoy your time with her. Glad things are going well. You are in my prayers! Keep the pics coming! Much Love, Nancy R.
Steph and Shawn,
Steph- Your mom has been so sweet to share your blessing with me! Laura Claire is beautiful! Wow, God is so good! What a fun time ahead of you! I am so thankful for the joy that you will get to experience with your precious gift! What a wonderful Christmas gift for you both! I will keep you all in my prayers.
Jenna Thomas Lear
Post a Comment